Herbal Medicine & Nutrition
An initial consultation entails a thorough review of your health history, current health concerns, diet, lifestyle and supplements. We work together to create an individualized wellness plan that works for you. Recommendations include diet, lifestyle, herbal and/or dietary supplements.
During follow-up visits we evaluate your progress and adjust recommendations to your unique wellness plan and herbal formula(s) as needed. Your needs will determine the frequency of visits. Generally, I recommend a follow-up appointment 3 weeks after an initial and then monthly visits for those with chronic health concerns or specific health goals that require tracking. Some clients elect to visit seasonally for coaching or to maintain health.
For the best results, please provide the following information to me before our appointment:
- Intake form (provided by me)
- List of medications including dosage
- List of herbs & supplements including brand and dosage
- A food diary for at least 2 consecutive days
- Current labs and/or diagnosis from your physician
- Optional: 23andme SNP’s converted into a methylation report via Geneticgenie.org, LiveWello.com, or MTHFRsupport.com
Some information about nutrigenomics
Focused testing of the methylation cycle can identify important single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP’s) and with the application of genetically targeted food and supplementation one can optimize methylation cycle function and good health. If you decide that genetic testing is right for you, below are two options to help you choose.
The first route is desirable if you are on a budget and have interest in researching on your own and working with a practitioner. With this information, I can help guide you to choose the most appropriate foods, herbs and supplements for your body. Here are the steps:
- Visit 23andme. Purchase the spit test. Spit. Mail it. Wait for results.
- Once you receive results please convert the raw data into a methylation report via geneticgenie, mthfrsupport and livewello
- For more information visit dramyyasko and download her book and workbook for free. Dr. Yasko has done a tremendous amount of work on nutrigenomics and her information is thorough and generously shared on her website.
The second route is to go through Dr. Amy Yasko’s website. This option is very thorough and complete though more expensive than the option described above. To go this route visit www.drmayyasko.com and follow her testing protocol to receive a customized methylation package. She recommends working with a practitioner.
Flexible Spending Plans or Health reimbursement may apply. Check with your plan to see if nutrition visits with a Board Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS®) are covered.
Practicing in Santa Rosa, CA and via Skype or telephone.